While I’m moving full-steam-ahead on Wandering Stars, I don’t want you to think I’ve forgotten about Kael. For everyone who’s asked for more books, let me say, “I’m just getting started!”
***While I’m not revealing anything new, this may be considered a SPOILER ALERT for those who haven’t picked up on the clues that I dropped throughout The Awakened***
Those of you who’ve made it to the end of The Awakened: Book Three know that Kael is headed for our world. You also know that waiting for him on the other side of the portal are two-thousand armed soldiers and a military compound rigged with explosives. Here are a few other thoughts and observations for you to ponder:
- In Book One and Book Three, we see an eruption of water immediately preceding Rameel’s release into our world. In Book One, we see the ocean levels in our world rising, causing global flooding and devastation. Where did this water come from and how is it going to affect our world?
- In Book Two and Book Three, we see Rameel (The All-Powerful) interact with another of his kind—Armaros. Armaros lives in our world and agrees to help Rameel get back to his world, which we see fulfilled in Book Two. But who is Armaros, and what is he doing in our world?
- Adair’s passage into our world, and Rameel’s passage back-and-forth between the two, tell us that more than one world exists in parallel to each other. Are there more?
- In Book One, we see Adair rescued from Armaros’ soldiers by an opposing military force. Does the military force represent a government or private organization? What happens to Adair?
- In Book Three, Kael heads into our world and his father is already here! Will they meet up again?
- In Book One, Adair’s passage into our world occurs when Kael is just a child, and appears to happen instantly. But when Adair arrives in our world, he sees the devastation of flooding just after Rameel was released…in Book Three. Then, we see Kael enter the portal only months after Rameel’s release. How old will Adair and Kael be in relation to one another our world?
It would seem obvious, but it’s worth stating that future books in The Awakened series will move out of the genre of fantasy toward urban-fantasy, military-fiction, and science-fiction. Whereas Sariel’s story takes a giant leap toward supernatural, mythical, prehistoric, high-fantasy. I don’t know if this is a positive or negative for you. But for me, I’m excited to write across these genres because, if you think about it, the only thing that really changes is the setting. Whether I’m dealing with sword fights or gun battles, car chases or cavalry charges, mythical beasts or synthetic bio-mechanical armies, I’m writing about heroes and their personal/physical/emotional journeys. I’m writing about the people whose lives they touch. I’m writing about the enemies who refuse to go without a fight. And I’m writing about a conflict that rages for millennia.
When it’s all said and done, you’ll see how all the pieces fit together. And it’s going to be a fun ride!
For the latest information on what's in store for Kael, click here.